[lbo-talk] Obama got Osama

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon May 2 12:19:35 PDT 2011

[WS:} Yeah, but there is this period prior to that, when being free from disease, pain, starvation, elements etc. makes all the difference in the world. Are you saying that doubling the average life expectancy, eradicating many deadly diseases, reducing hunger, allowing people to move around etc. was not worth it?

Wojtek

I do not believe that capitalism was the only way to achieve that.

I think also that to point to these successes is to completely leave out the continuing holocausts of industrialization,the rape of the earth, and the pending climate cataclysm that we have to look forward to.

Joanna