[lbo-talk] Obama got Osama

John Wesley godisamethodist at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 12:21:56 PDT 2011

Name me one instance in history where assets, wealth, money, property, etc. were redistributed voluntarily and without force.

THERE AIN'T ANY.

Unfortunately, that's the harsh reality. We must weigh the cost in blood vs. the benefits that can be gained by a redistribution of wealth. Of course, it's absolutely essential to have such a redistribution, but don't expect the "Democratic" Party to achieve it.

Mike G.

________________________________ From: // ravi <ravi at platosbeard.org> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Mon, May 2, 2011 1:11:47 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Obama got Osama

On May 2, 2011, at 2:27 PM, Somebody Somebody wrote:
> Wojtek: We are facing a similar situation today. The productive potential of
>modern economy is enormous - capable of creating prosperity for everyone, yet we
>are told by pseudo-science of economics that somehow 'we must live withing our
>means" and there is no money to fund anything from infrastructure to health
>care. Bullshit

Amusing that it is the very pseudo-science of economics that permits this sleight of hand from what is roughly the first law of thermodynamics to the abuse of non-zero sum gameplay.

What I mean is this: of course it is a bullshit claim that there isn’t enough money to fund anything. But to demonstrate that you do not need scientific/economic theories about “the productive potential of modern economy” (or sing paeans to technology). What makes the “no money” excuse bullshit is the much more mundane fact that we can see the money: it’s in banker bonuses, the Gates foundation, defence contractor mansions in Virginia suburbs. And no amount of technology is going to pry that money loose from their hands. Because they always have better technology.

<nosarcasm>I know... I am a rube.</nosarcasm>

—ravi