[lbo-talk] Obama got Osama

John Wesley godisamethodist at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 12:42:39 PDT 2011

VERY PROFOUND DISCOVERY: I'm afraid that the rich are very much like the rest of us. They like to spend money on themselves. They are able to use their bloated capital holdings to acquire yachts, gold-plated bathroom fixtures, private submarines, MacMansions, and private space trips. That's why there is never any money available for beneficial purposes. The wealthy certainly don't create more jobs or invest in anything productive, and they never will..

It's so obvious that the very basic truth is overlooked!

Mike G.

________________________________ From: Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Mon, May 2, 2011 1:31:36 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Obama got Osama

ravi: "What I mean is this: of course it is a bullshit claim that there isn’t enough money to fund anything. But to demonstrate that you do not need scientific/economic theories about “the productive potential of modern economy” (or sing paeans to technology)"

[WS:} Actually, you do need that. You need to show that taking away from the landowners or pursuing public investment policies that will ruin private investors will make the society as a whole better off. The claim that productivity will increase as a result of this expropriation serves that purpose. Otherwise, it is just simple Robin Hoodism - take away from the rich and consume it, so everyone will end poorer when the money finally runs out.

Wojtek