[lbo-talk] American Idiocracy redux

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Mon May 2 20:56:16 PDT 2011

>Dennis: "But arguing that idiocy is somehow in the DNA of the U.S"
>
>[WS:] I do not know where this idea comes from, but certainly not
>from anything I ever wrote.

Well, you have asked if the prevalency of assholishness in the U.S. is because of the water or the gene pool.

>As far as the views that corporate propaganda is solely to blame,
>you do not need to go beyond this thread to find proponents cf.
>Shane Mage. He is not alone - this is a part of of the leftist
>populist myth (which I encounter quite often in the suburban DC)
>that "the people" can do no wrong, anything that is wrong comes from
>institutions, media, government, elites, etc.

Like I said, in this thread you were the first one to introduce this "leftist populist myth." No one else said anything close. So are you responding to what people say or to some box you put them in willy nilly?