[lbo-talk] Race to Nowhere... && Obama got Osama

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Wed May 4 15:35:00 PDT 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:18 PM, // ravi <ravi at platosbeard.org> wrote:

> (do we really have any idea what the 100s of millions of villagers in
> India are adopting, unless by Western lifestyle you mean mobile phones and
> motorcycles).

The social science research suggests the more affluent members of the countryside have been buying kilotons of cellphones, TV sets and scooties, and unofficial, informal and pirated Bolly-media are everywhere. Less affluent farmers: not so much, though it's starting to happen. Kind of a fascinating change for the human race, actually.

-- DRR