[lbo-talk] Race to Nowhere... && Obama got Osama

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed May 4 18:58:16 PDT 2011

ravi wrote:

I don’t see how you contradict me by mentioning exactly the things I list in an “unless” clause. Perhaps I am not getting your point.

======

There are those who think the technology _is_ the culture. And it is not wholly false. One determinant of culture is the means by which members of it communicate. The classic (and perhaps apocryphal) case is the village the culture of which was destroyed when some western dogooders installed running water in the homes. It seems the village was held together by women talking to each other at the communal well.

Carrol