[lbo-talk] bin laden

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu May 5 14:22:55 PDT 2011

Look, the guy was of a totally different order from a leader the U.S. had shot for promoting land reform or something.

Doug

This may be a bit overheated, and I don't think any of this justifies the US war on Afghanistan:

Bin Laden was a bourgeois,reactionary, and CIA agent tll the day he died. He "started" as a  fighter  for feudalism  in Reagan's counter-revolutionary terrorist gangs, fighting against advances made by  the people of Afghanistan. Then in leading the  attack on  the US he did the bidding of the American, European and Arab bourgeoisie,all, instigating the wars between their nations. The international capitalist class wanted these wars to distract the working classes  of their countries from overthrowing Arab governments ( forestalling what is happening some now) and throwing out Reaganism in the US (so-called neo-liberalism internationally)

I don't disagree that the killing may not have been a justifiable homicide. However, the possibility that the demise of Bin Laden may be the basis for more rapidly ending the US war in Afghanistan , where some wholesale illegal killing by the US is going on balances my opinion that it is better that he was killed even if illegally.