[lbo-talk] Fidel: El asesinato de Bin Laden/The assassination of Bin Laden

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu May 5 14:30:19 PDT 2011

On May 5, 2011, at 5:07 PM, Dissenting Wren wrote:
> The man was a piece of human waste and the
> world is better off without him. I don't mourn the lynching of
> Mussolini
> either, even though the fascist should have been tried rather than
> murdered.

Agreed, of course. But there is an important difference: Mussolini was executed (and displayed) by his victims. Osama was, we are told, executed by his [former?] employers and co-conspirators who immediately destroyed the evidence.

Shane Mage

"scientific discovery is basically recognition of obvious realities that self-interest or ideology have kept everybody from paying attention to"