[lbo-talk] Race to Nowhere... && Obama got Osama

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Fri May 6 18:12:25 PDT 2011

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Technology (of any kind) does not exist in a vacuum, and to discuss it as
> an entity in itself makes both sides look stupid.
>
> Carrol

This has been my whole point - sometimes made VERY explicitly - the whole time... but you, at least, have the excuse of having serious reading issues, some others not so much. For Somebody, if technology is involved in any way shape or form it is THE determinate factor, always, everywhere, at all times and especially if it is "more advanced" (measured by some means that is of insufficient consequence to ever lay out)... any political phenomena before or necessary to the implementation of any particular technology, meaningless. The idea that disease might be prevented, farcical. The concept that quality of life might trump years lived for the vast majority of people on the planet, ridiculous... none of them are as enlightened to the variant of the forces-determinism of the great Somebody.