[lbo-talk] vaca reading

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri May 6 19:50:50 PDT 2011

At 07:00 PM 5/5/2011, Joseph Catron wrote:
>Terrible Beauty: A Novel

why do so many books use this construction:

Novel: a novel. Book: a novel I'm A Book in the Fiction Section: a novel

I mean, it can't be because there are other books with the same title since plenty of that goes on given my recent searches on books at the library where typing in, say, "moo" yields plenty of other books with that title.

It just seems silly to place :a novel there, like someone can't frickin' figure out that it's in the fiction section, so probably a novel.

Librarians, what else IS in the fiction section anyway, aside from novels? books of short stories. poetry.