[lbo-talk] reply to ravi on the chipotle fan

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Sun May 8 21:40:54 PDT 2011

Ravi, Erika says that tons of huge industries like meatpacking get a pass, while a "guy" who is all for the animals, etc. gets investigated. So I think it is reasonable for me to say that she sees Ells as a little guy (and not as the large business that his company in fact is) who gets investigated. But this isn't true, as Mark has pointed out. And if Ells really wants a sustainable farming, how can he not make sure that he has sustainable employees, that is, workers who can sustain themselves on Chipotle wages? And I wonder how a company that will be employing 100,000 workers across the country--a big operation---can be sure that the animals whose meat it gets are treated humanely? Boulder, CO grows a good many "enlightened capitalists." They all seem to be very rich, live in gigantic houses, and appear to be not overly committed to the well-being of their employees.