[lbo-talk] vaca reading

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Mon May 9 12:56:02 PDT 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 2:58 PM, Andy <andy274 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Dissenting Wren
> <dissentingwren at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I thought you just wanted a reference to some of the standard works from
> which
> > Diamond's work is derivative. But, given your history here, I should
> have known
> > that you were trolling. Va bene, ciao!
>
> If you don't know the outlines of the thesis you refer to, just say
> so. It's ok.

If you don't want to come off as a jerk, just don't, it's ok.

Some people have better things to do (sometimes in the middle of the end of a semester) than outline books of multiple hundreds of pages in too limited a manner not to expose them to unnecessarily long and off-base disagreement... and have a tendency to take "oh, come on, spend more time telling me the whole story because I couldn't be bothered to look any further than wikipedia on my own" kinds of posts as trolling. But, I guess, it's OK.