[lbo-talk] chipotle restaurants and immigrant workers-achipotle fan speaks up

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Mon May 9 15:07:52 PDT 2011

On May 9, 2011, at 6:00 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:
> ... the phrase "animal rights" sets my teeth on edge and I stop reading when that phrase appears.

[very quickly]

I have not used it in any of my posts (other than one reference to animal rights activists, which is the term some of them prefer to use for themselves). That is mostly because I agree (to the best of my understanding/capabilities) with Jeremy Bentham that the concept of rights, especially natural rights, is “nonsense on stilts”. YMMV.

—ravi