[lbo-talk] vaca reading

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue May 10 06:45:10 PDT 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:56 PM, Alan Rudy <alan.rudy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Some people have better things to do (sometimes in the middle of the end of
> a semester) than outline books of multiple hundreds of pages in too limited
> a manner not to expose them to unnecessarily long and off-base
> disagreement...

And you imagine that the rest of us have nothing better better to do with our time than to pursue recommendations of 400+ page books for which we haven't even been told the thesis?

> and have a tendency to take "oh, come on, spend more time
> telling me the whole story because I couldn't be bothered to look any
> further than wikipedia on my own" kinds of posts as trolling.

If the refusal to engage in the kind of intellectual wild goose chase you advocate is trolling, somebody build me a bridge. (And constructing a soap-opera set for Wren might not be a bad idea, either.)