[lbo-talk] vaca reading

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Tue May 10 19:12:27 PDT 2011

haven't read this thread carefully, but I do want to say this about Joe Catron:

Awhile back, he made some comment about Michael Parenti's book, God and His Demons. I thought that the the assumptions he made based on a book review were unlikely. In fact, I read the review differently. We argued from the get go. Didn't go anywhere b/c we hadn't read book, so couldn't judge much about the book review. Being someone who is always looking for a book to read and people with whom to discuss it, I picked up the book, read and reported back.

Joseph said, basically, "Gee thanks for the summary. I guess I was hasty in my assumption about the book."

So, I don't know, but whatever he was doing when Joe asked for some evidence and a summary or something.... in my experience, Joe has been sincerely interested and perfectly willing to say, "Oh hey, gee. I mighta been... wrong. Sorry!" I really doubt he was asking the question as some sort of trap or gotcha for anyone.