[lbo-talk] reform efforts at UAW 2865 possibly successful

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed May 11 07:32:13 PDT 2011

Quite wonderful. I'm forwarding it to a couple local lists. I would like to add, in reference to the"far too few" successes currently that perhaps, in the light of Wisconsin, we should reconsider what we mean by "success." For example, "before Wisconsin" I would have characterized our local anti-war efforts (as well as the national effort) as a failure. But locally that "failed" activity did create a nucleus here of around 10 people, maybe a few more, as well as generating a number of connections that may be of great worth. And that may be the the case in many areas around the nation. I would like to hear from Robert whether or not he feels the atmosphere created by Wisconsin had any effect on the success of his union caucus.

Carrol