[lbo-talk] Sharpton and Jackson endorse war on terror...

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri May 13 07:39:27 PDT 2011

And one should add to the list of those to be honored many of the ex-members and "Red Diaper Babies." Both were important in the Berkeley Free Speech Movement. At the Peace & Freedom Party national convention in 1968 one speaker identified himself as a member of the CP, and I remember thinking at the time -- Wow: after the repression of the '50s it must be a huge relief to be able to announce that loudly in public!

Carrol