[lbo-talk] Jefferson Cowie's book on the 1970s and labor has its critics

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Sat May 14 06:25:55 PDT 2011

YATES posts:

Jefferson Cowie's Stayin’ Alive: The 1970’s and the Last Days of the Working Class has received glowing reviews. But there are dissenting voices. Here is one of them. I know others as well, both in the US and in Canada.

GULICK responds:

That's an excellent review, Michael. Sounds like this guy could have written a better book than Cowie -- precisely part of the post-1970's predicament, if you know what I mean. Anyway, thanks for clueing us into this. I would have missed it otherwise.