[lbo-talk] the money shot

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 16 10:54:33 PDT 2011

On May 16, 2011, at 1:09 PM, ken hanly wrote:

> The first obscenity was the price of the hotel room, three thousand a night I
> understand. Meanwhile the IMF imposes austerity on all its clients.

Years ago I wrote up a little item in LBO about lunch at the IMF. They subsidized it deeply - you could get a plate of grilled salmon for $3 or $4 - less than a Big Mac meal cost at the time. This, of course, as they were insisting that poor countries cut food subsidies. They also required IMF ID's to get into lunch - because they wanted to keep World Bankers out.

Doug