[lbo-talk] What I don't get about Goldman Sachs...

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Sun May 22 16:41:51 PDT 2011

I do understand that the govt is shy about prosecuting Goldman. What I don't get is how they're still in business.

I mean, what events continue to show is that Goldman is perfectly willing to screw over its clients in order to make big bucks for themselves. So why would you want them to invest your money? I mean if I were a gazillionaire, I wouldn't trust Goldman.

One possibility, say for pension funds, is that Goldman is bribing those who manage those funds to entrust them with investment strategy because, after all, why would pension fund managers necessarily care that the funds become depleted or bankrupt....so long as they get their bonuses and golden parachutes. But Goldman has screwed real customers whose real businesses have gone bankrupt and whose CEO's were left with nothing....so....?

Anybody know? What am I missing here?

Joanna