[lbo-talk] drug war news

Chuck Grimes c123grimes at att.net
Sun May 22 17:42:20 PDT 2011

I was missing the piece about how NAFTA also made the cross-border trafficking much easier....but otherwise ....I was not so far off the mark.

Joanna ------

I think it has to do with looser controls and inspections going through customs. Mexico used to be pretty tight about that, because it gained taxes and fees. The same with the US.

In the 50s my father sent a boys dress suit to me for x-mas in Guadalajara. My other parents were pissed because the duty was more than the cloths were worth.

CG