[lbo-talk] the Constitution

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon May 23 11:23:48 PDT 2011

Mr. X

The Judges were charsmatic individuals who arose whenever a situation needed it and not offices that were continually filled. There were llong streches before the Isrealite Monarchy where they had no state. No standing armies; no state taxes, pretty anarchistic in the modern anthropologial sense.

^^^^^ CB: Aren't there regular references to servants ? Job has lots of servants. I think the Ten Commandments forbids coveting servants , but I have to check. With oppressed and oppressing classes there is always a state.