[lbo-talk] Palin family values

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 24 10:09:04 PDT 2011

[from Politico]

PALIN AIDE TRASHES BRISTOL, ERICKSON -- The Daily Caller got its hands on direct messages Sarah Palin aide Rebecca Mansour sent to a a supporter of the former Alaska governor, and they're not pretty. The DC decided to withhold some of them -- it's not entirely clear why -- but what they published is worth the read. Erickson, who runs redstate.com, is a 'greasy dumb ass with a talent for self-promotion,' she wrote. Of Brisol Palin, she messaged 'Two words: Patti Davis. Okay three more: Ron Reagan Junior. Two more: Billy Carter. Doesn't your family have one?" and predicted Palin would hold her own daughter 'at arm's length.' DC reports that Mansour first 'lied' and said the messages weren't hers. But after confronting her with the findings of computer forensic analysts, 'Mansour changed her story from an initial denial to anger ('this is really kind of skeezy'), bargaining ('can I just appeal to you to leave the Bristol stuff alone?'), and sadness at the consequences of her words ('this is going to destroy my reputation simply because people will say, 'why were you sending a direct [message to a Palin activist]?'").' http://bit.ly/ijecYn