[lbo-talk] Thus Spake Zarathoprah!

James Leveque jamespl79 at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:03:48 PDT 2011

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/under-god/post/oprah-winfrey-spiritual-leader/2011/05/23/AFBHCWAH_blog.html?hpid=z4

Is anybody else getting some serious Nietzsche out of some of these quotes?

"My personal journey is to fulfill the highest expression of myself here as a human being here on earth"

"This is appealing to people who associate religion with controlling authority, rigid dogma or social adherence. This is a religion for those who don’t want to be religious, but want to feel revelation."

"We all, human beings here on earth, create our own reality. We create our own circumstances by the choices that we make and the choices that we make are fueled by our thoughts. So our thoughts are the most powerful thing that we have here on earth."

That last one is a gem. Oprah the Idealist philosopher.

James