[lbo-talk] Lack of left due to prescription drugs?

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Wed May 25 17:51:01 PDT 2011

On May 25, 2011, at 6:33 PM, Shane Mage wrote:
> On May 25, 2011, at 4:14 PM, // ravi wrote:
>> On May 25, 2011, at 3:50 PM, Shane Mage wrote:
>>>
>>> What nonsense. <…>
>>

>> I get the feeling Shane is making a serious run at Carrol’s LBO badass title these days. :-)
>>
> "his life has been a quest with no object except his own endlessly burgeoning subjectivity."
>
> Sense or nonsense?

I was not commenting on the accuracy, sport. Carrol is mostly correct as well. I was highlighting the style!

I don’t know what the original author of the quoted sentence meant by “subjectivity” above… seems like the guy (Hamlet?) was suffering from a case of recursive navel-gazing? If so, a lot of right-wingers accuse leftists of much the same flaw.

—ravi