[lbo-talk] a test scorer's lament

MICHAEL YATES mikedjyates at msn.com
Thu May 26 16:57:32 PDT 2011

The author of this fine essay is Dan DiMaggio. Dan is a smart guy, just like his dad, who was a student of mine in a class at Cornell's Manhattan campus and in an MA program at UMass. Both give me a lot of hope for the future of the class struggle. Real working class stalwarts.

We published Dan's piece last December, and he has gotten a great response to it. I love essays about work like this one. In capitalism, it all comes down to the work, to the labor power bought as a commodity, which then must be converted into labor, so that there is the surplus labor time that is the source of profits. Marx's great insight.