[lbo-talk] a test scorer's lament

Miles Jackson cqmv at pdx.edu
Fri May 27 21:22:01 PDT 2011

// ravi wrote:

> Good workers
> are those who are able to carry something out using a prescribed
> method within a given time, not those who foment change!
>
> —ravi

I know this is a common trope, but this completely ignores the history of capitalism. As old Whiskers pointed out repeatedly, captialism foments incessant change, and as a social formation it creates workers who can generate profits by creating and adapting to social change. Granted, it's not the change many of us on this list would like to see, but it's wildly inaccurate to claim that "good workers" in our society do not foment dramatic social changes.

Miles