[lbo-talk] RTe: The revolution will not be televised

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Mon May 30 19:35:15 PDT 2011

On May 30, 2011, at 9:48 PM, 123hop at comcast.net wrote:
> For the most part, art is on our side; explicitly political ....or not.

That’s it I think… that’s why it feels awkward when it is explicit, sort of like someone explaining the punch line of a subtle joke.

On May 30, 2011, at 9:21 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:
> On May 30, 2011, at 9:02 PM, // ravi wrote:
>
>> I am a sucker for pop/hiphop/melody.
>
> Melody, ewwwww!

Yeah, I know. It’s embarrassing.

But not much to beat the simple pleasure of watching with my 6 year old (for probably the 10th time in the last few weeks) Johnny Clegg and Savuka on Vimeo singing “We are the scatterlings of Africa, both you and I”. It helps that the little guy (through the spouse) is hung up on fossils (and hence Olduvai, Burgess, etc).

—ravi

Oh: http://vimeo.com/615780