[lbo-talk] RTe: The revolution will not be televised

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Mon May 30 21:16:20 PDT 2011

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Smith" <mjs at smithbowen.net>

Not the Internationale? A rather good song by any standard. I played it on my carillon on May Day. Doubt that anybody even recognized it -- well, maybe the two or three grizzled old CPers left in Harlem. Who no doubt felt convinced they were hallucinating, and toddled off to consult their neurologists:

"Doctor! I heard bells -- playing the Internationale..."

------------- That happened to me once actually. Fremont, California. A new suburb planted on top of wonderful farmland. I was getting cigs at the 7 Eleven, when I started hearing the Internationale. "Have I lost my mind" I wondered? No, it was really playing. Turns out it was a video game someone was playing in the store. Must have been some kind of Cold War thing.

A sigh of relief, and I returned home.

Joanna