[lbo-talk] Rolling Stone: How Roger Ailes created Fox Newsstarting in 1968

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue May 31 07:01:32 PDT 2011

At 06:35 AM 5/31/2011, Doug Henwood wrote:

>These are people who are already right-wing, who
>have little social influence, and are, as
>Wallace Stevens put it in a poem title, on the way to the bus.

They're also not big on using the remote. I've been in a lot of houses where Fox was on as long as anyone was awake, but they weren't paying attention to it anything close to all the time.

Your description sounds like Bridgid Berlin:

http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/node/72683/print

I’m absolutely addicted to Fox News – I love it. I love Roger Ailes

frankly I don’t really think it’s biased. But I’ve never really lost my young

and I don’t mind talking about but I make it a rule that I don’t talk politics with other people. I am a Republican but I would vote for a Democrat if I liked them.

So what’s it like being a Republican in New York City? You’re an endangered species.

If I wear my McCain button, I feel like I’m going to get slaughtered on the street.

So for this sort of wild child of the Warhol Factory

I was the same then. And it was during the Vietnamese war that I was just not involved, you know in the bombings on 10th street

you know I’d go down at night after Max’s Kansas City closed and I’d go to Bob Rauschenberg’s house every night and we’d watch TV on the floor. We’d watch Angela Davis and we’d watch the Vietnamese deaths coming home

there were so many people who began that radical left movement and I think it really stemmed from the hippie generation...

So what do you like to do in the evenings?

If you can believe this, I’m in bed by 8:30. I watch Bill O’Reilly, then I watch Hannity and Colmes, then I watch Greta [van Susteren]