[lbo-talk] Rolling Stone: How Roger Ailes created Fox News starting in 1968

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue May 31 12:07:18 PDT 2011

On Tue, 31 May 2011 14:53:55 -0400 SA <s11131978 at gmail.com> wrote:

> NPR's supine
> centrism is of a much more right-wing shade in a world where Fox exists
> than in an alternate universe where Fox doesn't exist.

Doesn't the causal arrow point both ways? Can one not reverse this observation? Fox's right-wingery is much madder than in an alternate universe where NPR isn't... isn't... isn't what it is.

"Supinely centrist" doesn't seem right to me. There's nothing supine about it. It's *actively* centrist, which is to say that it's always very energetically splitting the difference between Fox's latest enormity on the one hand, and whatever centrism was yesterday.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com