[lbo-talk] Rolling Stone: How Roger Ailes created Fox News starting in 1968

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue May 31 18:45:53 PDT 2011

On Tue, 31 May 2011 21:33:53 -0400 SA <s11131978 at gmail.com> wrote:

> this is the standard liberal line about Fox
> conservatives: they're all poor and ignorant. In reality, they're more
> affluent and better educated than average.

But they're very far from elite.

> among the billionaire crowd there are lots of Fox News conservatives.
> Beyond a shadow of a doubt more of them are Fox News conservatives
> (e.g., the Koch brothers, Sheldon Adelson, Carl Lindner) than ADA or
> MoveOn liberals (whether of the 1949 or 1969 or 2011 variety).

There are no more ADA liberals, except for maybe two or three old ladies here in my building.

And billionaires will almost *always* be "conservatives", in the sense I think you're using, unless there's some very good immediate reason to be otherwise. Why would they ever give us anything unless they had to? It's asking too much of human nature.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com