[lbo-talk] New Libyan Prime Minister is U.S. Citizen

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:53:04 PDT 2011

On 11/1/2011 3:06 PM, ken hanly wrote:

> The NTC has elected a U.S. citizen with ties to the energy and oil industries as prime minister.

I remember when they installed Hamid Karzai as leader in Afghanistan. He'd been a consultant for Unocal, the U.S. oil company, which Antiwar.com said proved he was a U.S. lackey. But that didn't turn out so well for the puppetmasters in Washington. The latest news from Karzai is that he now says if the U.S. and Pakistan go to war, he'll fight with Pakistan. http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/23/afghanistan-pakistan-us-hamid-karzai

> The vote was televised as members of the NTC dropped their ballots into a transparent ballot box. Transparent indeed.

The ballot boxes in France are transparent too: http://medias.lepost.fr/ill/2010/03/15/h-4-1987437-1268650207.jpg I think it's that way in a lot of countries - it's considered more tamper-proof.

SA