[lbo-talk] lbo-talk Digest, Vol 1736, Issue 3

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:14:16 PDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:56 AM, michael perelman <michael.perelman3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I apologize to Michael Yates, who is much younger than me for going
> against his warning that there is something wrong for old guys like me
> for giving advise to young people who are actually accomplishing
> something on the ground.  I realize that I may be wrong and do not
> intend to defend my mere speculation in a long debate.

It was you baby boomers who gave us this preoccupation with generations in the first place! 'Never trust anyone over thirty.' What's wrong with a bit of advice based on experience? The worst that will happen is that it will be ignored. And you and Michael Yates are as much 'on the ground' as anyone.

Mike