[lbo-talk] For Joanna

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Nov 1 17:54:19 PDT 2011

The only organization I'm in daily contact with is Oakland teachers and parents -- and their mood seems to be enthusiastic and active. Although the teacher's union officially only half-heartedly endorsed some action, the general plan seems to be that parents will take their kids to school in the morning so that the district can get credit for attendance, and then they will march or do something else with the kids that day.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Catron" <jncatron at gmail.com>

And others in or near Oakland: I wonder if you can report on the local mood before tomorrow's general strike?

www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/01/us-usa-protests-oakland-idUSTRE7A06KH20111101