[lbo-talk] New Libyan Prime Minister is U.S. Citizen

ken hanly northsunm at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 08:54:54 PDT 2011

 As I recall that is correct. However, as I also recall they have done quite well in terms of  U.S. oil servicing companies getting many contracts. Anyway the U.S. certainly tried hard but even guided democracies can sometimes go in other directions. The same thing has happened with respect to keeping U.S. troops in Iraq after December. Maliki did his best to help out the U.S. by circumventing parliamentary approval. But to get politicians on side he had to not allow immunity for U.S. trainers (troops) so it did not work. Now they will just have mostly 10,000 or so State Dept. employees with thousands of private security contractors. U.S. Imperialism just needs to try harder even though they are number one.

Cheers, ken

________________________________ From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wednesday, November 2, 2011 10:35:26 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] New Libyan Prime Minister is U.S. Citizen

On Nov 2, 2011, at 11:27 AM, ken hanly wrote:

> The U.S. intervenes to try to give U.S. companies an advantage

Didn't work so well in Iraq, as I recall. Didn't U.S. companies do rather badly in the oil leasing?