[lbo-talk] New Libyan Prime Minister is U.S. Citizen

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 20:26:56 PDT 2011

On 11/2/2011 11:09 PM, Michael Smith wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 22:40:37 -0400
> SA<s11131978 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Wouldn't it be pretty far-fetched, then, to think that one loose faction
>> would be able to slip a little thing like the Iraq invasion past all the
>> other factions - unless the other factions liked the idea for their own
>> separate reasons?
> I dunno, really. They don't invite me to these meetings.

I thought Walt and Mearsheimer laid it all out though?

> I'd
> expect that you might need to line up some allies for something
> as preposterous as the Iraq adventure. Maybe some desperate
> third-tier adventurers like Halliburton and Blackwater? Though
> the latter is more fourth-tier, of course.

[...]

> As regards Israel in particular, there's been a lot
> of chumminess over the years between elements of the
> Israeli military and the US military. Personal bonds
> and sympathies like this are not entirely inconsequential.

So this loose faction maybe barreled over all the other factions and hijacked U.S. foreign policy with the help of some third-tier adventurers and sentimental colonels! These other factions sound like a bunch of bumbling softies, unlike this one special faction, which must be pretty clever.

SA