[lbo-talk] New Libyan Prime Minister is U.S. Citizen

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 06:09:01 PDT 2011

Michael: "They put their own case better than I can sum it up:"

[WS:] But even if we assume that their case is 100% accurate, this still does not prove that the Israeli lobby was the "cause" of the US war on Iraq. The Israeli lobby is a more or less "constant factor" in the US politics, so if they really pushed for a war on Iraq, the war would have happened much earlier, e.g. under the Bush senior admin if not Clinton or Reagan. Yet the Reagan admin was quite friendly toward Iraq, Bush sr. explicitly refused to go into Iraq and limited the military operation to repulsing Iraqi troops from Kuwait, and the Clinton admin "triangulated" on the Iraq issue. Only the Bush jr. admin went ahead with a full blown invasion cum occupation.

Clearly, there must be other factor that explain it than a "constant factor" such as the Israeli lobby.

Wojtek