[lbo-talk] Bank anecdote

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Fri Nov 4 00:32:46 PDT 2011

I opened a savings account at a local credit union, and had a certain amount of trouble getting needed help. Finally resolved things, but as the place was always filled with people and workers looked overwhelmed, I asked the manager whether they had had any uptick in clients lately. Oh, yes, she said. Normally, we have about a hundred new accounts a month. In the last couple of months, we've had three hundred a month.

I wonder where one might find stats about the flow of accts from the major banks to CUs or local banks.

Joanna