[lbo-talk] Occupy Oakland's imminent implosion and the wider effects

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 19:47:51 PDT 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 3:35 AM, <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

Why wouldn't they care? Why would we be indifferent to wanton destruction?

> People acting out is frightening. Revolution is not about acting out.
> There is nothing free or liberating about acting out.

Joanna, "wanton destruction" and "acting out" isn't an actual argument. As I've said, without officially knowing who any of these people are, I'm quite sure that they have actual arguments for what they do. Your choices are to engage with them - at least enough to figure out their logic, about which I'm no longer qualified to speak - then argue against them. Or not. Pretending that you have all the arguments on your side, while they have none, just because you say so, won't get you very far.