[lbo-talk] Occupy Oakland's imminent implosion and the wider effects

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sat Nov 5 20:14:46 PDT 2011

On Sun, 6 Nov 2011 03:40:18 +0100 Joseph Catron <jncatron at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a little disgusted that a few
> window-breakers have sparked such high levels of Internet chatter, as
> opposed to the massive influx of Democratic Party politicians. I know which
> worries me more.

Good point. The only thing to add is that neither one should worry us. The DP penetration attempts have been deeply pathetic and ineffectual.

But yes, the level of hysteria that the window-breaking has aroused among people who think of themselves as Lefties is kinda dismaying.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

"I think the American people want a solemn ass as a President, and I think I will go along with them."

-- Barack Obama

(Okay, okay, it was really Calvin Coolidge.)