[lbo-talk] faceoff between cops and 'black bloc'

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Nov 6 06:36:12 PST 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tu_D8SFYck

footage of cops arresting media and legal observers who kettled themselves for safety: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=afcubFVMrMY

interview with Elaine Brown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baqpserpX80&feature=youtu.be

BTW, non-violence protest training includes methods of how to contain outbreaks of violence whether planned or not. among such methods is shunning. however, what you also learn in NV training is that shunning was what Jo Freeman and others went through and was part of what prompted her to write, Tyranny of Structurelessness. The problem is, it's how you elect to define and treat so-called enemies within that has a chilling effect. people say, "gee, if that's the way people with dissenting views are treated, what are they going to do to me if I choose to dissent."