[lbo-talk] #N17- Call to Action

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 05:48:43 PST 2011

#N17- Call to Action

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=241419422582978 Time Thursday, November 17 · 7:00am - 11:30pm Created By Occupy Wall St. More Info On November 17th, Join the 99%

Resist austerity. Reclaim the economy. Recreate our democracy.

*UPDATE - schedule of events*

Wall Street- 7:00 am: Resist austerity! SHUT DOWN WALL STREET Enough of this economy that divides us - it's time for an economy that works for all. We will gather at 7:00 a.m., before the ring of the Trading Floor Bell, to confront Wall Street with the stories of people on the frontlines of economic injustice. There, before the Stock Exchange, we will exchange stories rather than stocks.

All Five Boroughs- 2:30 pm: Reclaim our democracy! OCCUPY THE SUBWAYS Throughout the boroughs, we will gather at 7 central subway hubs, to listen to a singular story from one of our hardest-hit and most inspirational neighbors. Bronx: Fordham Rd, and 3rd Ave/138th Brooklyn: Broadway Junction, and Borough Hall Queens: Jackson Heights/Roosevelt Ave, and Jamaica Center Parsons Archer Manhattan: 125th st, and Union Square Staten Island: St George/Staten Island Ferry

Then we will take our own stories to the trains, using the "People's Mic". We will rise up from the underground to join thousands of others gathered in the light of day, at Foley Square.

Foley square- 5 pm-: Rebuild our economy! TAKE THE SQUARE Across the country, our infrastructure is falling apart; our bridges, our roads, our public transit systems are in a state of disrepair. Enough! It's time to revitalize our economy with the creation of local jobs which serve our country as a whole! At 4:00 pm, we celebrate with tens of thousands of people as we gather at Foley square, march to our bridges and demand that we get back to work! The celebration will culminate in a festival of light as we mark the two-month anniversary of the #occupy movement!

Take a sick day, come out from the darkness surrounding Wall Street and into the light!

Resist austerity. Rebuild the economy. Reclaim our democracy.

Www.occupywallst.org Www.nycga.net

November 17th, join the 99%!

...See More