[lbo-talk] On vandalism and violence

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 09:45:43 PST 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

No one is obliged to answer, but you took the trouble to say it was a good
> question. And then didn't answer.

Right. You're asking me to express a perspective that I don't necessarily share, and which, without knowing more about the particulars, I'm eminently unqualified to advocate in any event. I'm declining.

> It's hard not to conclude that the real answer is "because it feels good,"
> but no one wants to say that out loud.

If you'd rather fight straw men than talk to real people involved in actual movements, sure.

I am looking forward to Lou Proyect's analysis of the BB, which he just
> told me he's working on.

HA! I don't think his blind, irrational hatred of it is exactly a secret. The froth he's worked up against it, even when, as in the Quebec FTAA protests, it's participated in mobilizations on exactly the same terms as unions and community groups, is really something entertaining to see.

http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/marxism@lists.econ.utah.edu/14195728.html