[lbo-talk] how non-violence protects the state

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Mon Nov 7 10:10:51 PST 2011

i was looking for churchill's lectures as an answer to the person who asked about carrol's comment about scabs. Basically, Ward Churchill takes the position that pacifists are scabs. At any rate, I came across this site, which slayed me, especially with all the f bombs that Catron mentioned, but also some other hilarious stuff on their pulpit of profanity.

Loved this line: they run around bearing moral witness and speak truth to power, as if power doesn't know what the fuck it's doing. excellent!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=dy2uYm7E1T8

Personally, I found this heartwarming:

2:10 a.m. Injured man is taken away in ambulance

After protesters called for help several times, an ambulance finally arrived to take away the injured man.

Graham Holoch, a student at the California college of the arts in Oakland, was a volunteer medic who tended to the man, using medical supplies he brought in a backpack.

"When we got him on the stretcher," he said, "his vitals were pretty shaky."

Holoch said he believed the man had been shot in the knee with a rubber bullet and gassed.

His friends called the man's relatives and his pastor.

"He seems fine, but it's definitely better to get him medical attention," said Holoch, who is also a photographer.

As paramedics carried the man to the ambulance, a bruise could be seen on his knee.

Before leaving, one paramedic told the volunteer medics: "By the way, we do support what you're doing."

-- Sandy Kleffman

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_19255462