[lbo-talk] ISO?

Adam Proctor proctorvt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 10:42:48 PST 2011

Ravi wrote: "That’s sensible, but does this mean that we cannot hope to get past the “wised up, snarky tone which American leftists evince toward each other”?"

This generation of radicalizing youth, in large part, doesn't care what affiliations you have. Student debt, joblessness, and racial, sexual and gender discrimination -- along with so many other oppressions --reach across organizational boundaries. As long as left wing groups do not act in a sectarian manner, it seems like Marx's epoch is here, where all the collected shit of history is being washed away. We're seeing something radically new happening--new on the level of determinate negation, that is, where the past is lifted up by negating the shiest of the past. The real question is why so many folks on the left are solely engaged in the navel gazing of epoch's past?

Sent from my iPhone