[lbo-talk] ISO?

Adam Proctor proctorvt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 11:03:07 PST 2011

On Nov 7, 2011, at 1:42 PM, Adam Proctor wrote:

> The real question is why so many folks on the left are solely engaged in the navel gazing of epoch's past?

Doug wrote: This "new! new! new!" impulse is a real evergreen. Yeah, there's some new stuff, and there's some old stuff. The old have something to learn from the young, and the young from the old. This impulse to wash away "all the collected shit of history" is silly."

Doug,

Sorry if I wasn"t clear. As an eager student of revolutionary history, I whole-heartedly agree. To be more lucid, I'd have to get into Marxian dialectics and determinate negation and, frankly, who has the time? Ha In short, we're seeing a return of our revolutionary past but on very new grounds: a global slump which has emerged from 30 years of neoliberal growth. I think we can all agree that this condition has expanded the possibilities of this movement far beyond those of epoch's past. But, nonetheless, there is much work to be done.

-A

Sent from my iPhone