[lbo-talk] Question and answer (was: ISO)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Nov 7 18:12:57 PST 2011

When journalists are acting in their professdional capacity as journalists, fine. When they are putting themselves forward as leftists discussing the world with other leftists, that is something else.

-----Original Message----- From: lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org [mailto:lbo-talk-bounces at lbo-talk.org] On Behalf Of Michael Smith Sent: Monday, November 07, 2011 7:49 PM To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Question and answer (was: ISO)

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 20:29:09 -0500 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Journalists ask questions all the time, you know. It's part of our job.

Yes. A very contrived and lopsided setup, if you ask me. I think they should have to answer a question for every question they ask.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://www.cars-suck.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com

"I think the American people want a solemn ass as a President, and I think I will go along with them."

-- Barack Obama