[lbo-talk] For New Yorkers wishing to debate window-breaking

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 06:15:44 PST 2011

Personally, if I could attend any New York City-area anarchist event over the coming week, this would be the one. I wouldn't be shocked to find myself disagreeing with the presenters about answers to the questions they ask - in fact, nothing would surprise me less - but anyone raising these concerns publicly, and bringing people together to mobilize around them (that's the key), is someone worth engaging politically.

---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: NYC Anarchist Black Cross <nycanarchistblackcross at gmail.com> Date: Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 4:45 AM Subject: [nyc@] BK/NY – Tuesday, November 15th – NYC ABC + Book Thug Nation Host “Crimethinc. Presents: Capitalism & Resistance” To: nycabc at riseup.net

*WHAT*: CrimethInc. Presents: Capitalism & Resistance in the 21st Century<http://www.crimethinc.com/blog/2011/09/29/book-fairs-next-leg-of-work-tour> *WHEN*: 7:00pm, Tuesday, November 15th *WHERE*: Book Thug Nation <http://bookthugnation.com/> - 100 North Third Street<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=100+North+3rd+Street+Brooklyn,+New+York&hnear=100+N+3rd+St,+Brooklyn,+Kings,+New+York+11211&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=0>(Between Berry Street and Wythe Avenue), Brooklyn *COST*: Free. There will be copies of the *Work* <http://crimethinc.com/books/work.html>book for sale at the event. *NOTE: If you can't make it to this event, the same folks will be at ABC No Rio <http://www.abcnorio.org/> the next night<http://www.abcnorio.org/pcgi-bin/suite/calendar/calendar.cgi?request=detail&event_id=11429&user_id=100001&website=default&category_id=&session=4eb8a038637c83ba> .*

After so much technological progress, why do we have to work more than ever before? Why is the old labor movement powerless to stop the new assault on workers? Can capitalism survive another century of crises? And how do we get out of this mess?

Please join us at Book Thug Nation for a high-energy discussion of these questions and more. We'll focus on the ways capitalism has changed over the past few decades, and scrutinize recent examples of resistance in the US and overseas to propose anti-capitalist strategies for the 21st century.