[lbo-talk] Money is money

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 19:05:28 PST 2011

And if you people think they're solving the problem by moving their money, there's less political pressure to re-regulate.

A friend just told me that an acquaintance who was moving her money said she didn't like going to protests, so she thought that by moving to a credit union, she could feel better about herself.

Well, I sure haven't seen political pressure to re-regulate. I mean, if there was no significant reregulation after 08, you gotta wonder whether there is any possibility of it.

And, you can scoff at those who "don't like to go to protests," but after my total hip replacement, I have joined their ranks. I'll go to meetings; I'll donate food, and supplies, and money; I'll trumpet the cause to all and sundry, but my new reality is that one hard fall on my right side, and I'm facing major surgery that might leave me in a wheel chair for the rest of my life. Also, since my last flu, my sinuses have been a major source of suffering and hypersensitivity, so tear gas? No.

So, why be contemptuous of those who want to make a difference in some way other than hitting the streets?

???

Joanna